The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Ahhhh trends of the early 00's!!! These trends weren't as bad as the 90's. I look at some of the gear my parents had me rockin in the 90's and ughhhh.... This fashionista will
never understand the whole grunge, looking homeless look & I can only hope those looks never come back!
Just because the early 00's beat out the 90's doesn't mean our fashion taste was on point either. Between our popped collar, tattoo printed, goofy textured, denim everything wardrobes, I sometimes wonder if top designers were having acid flashbacks from the 60's & matching our wardrobes to there trips. I can't think of any other logical explanation for some of those top looks & clothing patterns.
We all still quote Mean Girls and try to copy Britney Spears routines, but I think it's safe to say we look back on those days with equal parts dreamy nostalgia and sheer horror. For ole'times sake we're taking a trip down memory lane with all the best and worst things about the early 00's!
1.Tracksuits ~ I love tracksuits! My bridesmaids were even rocking matching tracksuits pre-wedding festivities on my wedding day just a few years ago. You might also catch me wearing a tracksuit while grocery shopping. No shame in my tracksuit game! Just wish this early 00's trend was still in & I didn't have to explain my love for the things every time I get a "really Courtney, juicy? Is this 2005?" when caught rockin one.
2. Tiffany Heart Necklaces ~ Everyone had one & you would be lying if you claim you didn't feel like a baller for having one around your neck. This is one early 00's trend that was definitely an obnoxious one, but some days I do miss that ridiculously heavy thing ruining my almost Perfect posture.
3. Tattoo Patterns ~ Ed Hardy, Christian Audigier, 2bFree, I can go on and on with all the designers selling $100 tattooed t-shirts. That's right $100 for a shirt that looked like my four year old designed it.
What makes this trend even sadder is I rocked the runway for Ed Hardy, AND WAS PROUD & had those pics plastered all over MySpace lol. This is definitely one trend I'm glad is gone & would like to delete it from my memories. Tattooed tee's never happened ;-)
4. Trucker Hats ~ Hats of the early 00's were the pre-mommy days version of the mom-ponytail. They might of looked hideous on most of us & does anyone actually know what Von Dutch even stands for because I sure don't! It was pretty nice to not have to do your hair everyday, so whoever Von Dutch is, thank you for making the whole grab a hat and out the door you went looking hip and trendy a thing!
5. Louis Vuitton Logo Everything, Especially the Multi Color ~ Who remembers that Britney Spears video with the LV interior hummer? That video explains everything you need to know about the whole LV trend! You weren't cool unless you were dripping in LV plastered accessories. I remember dreaming of the day I made enough cash to pimp my own car out in LV's so Britney & I could be twinsies. Thankfully that trend died way before I made enough to do such a silly thing & ruin my ride
6. Denim Everything ~ Denim owes a lot to the early 2000s. We wanted denim everything. Denim hats, denim skirts, denim dresses, denim jumpers and denim vests. We wanted different colors and washes of denim stitched together. We wanted frayed denim incorporated in as many ways as possible. We wanted to see celebrities wearing denim on the red carpet. We. Loved. Denim.
7. Livestrong bracelets ~ Don't lie, you had one of these on your wrist. You could spot me at times with an armful of these bracelets! Nothing made people feel like they were making a difference to a well-known cause like copping a bracelet and wearing it everywhere. Once anyone and everyone began making these for just about anything under the sun, they quickly faded out of favor.
8. Crystal-encrusted Sidekicks ~ You wanted one of these more than world peace. I remember dropping mine one NYE & having almost every rhinestone fall off & I still wanted to carry the thing around regardless of it looking like crap. Honestly it wasn't a bad phone at all for the era with Juicy Couture even making a limited edition. With the AIM integration & eventual MySpace app, it was all one needed to stay connected.
9. Popped Collars ~ Preppy style has been a staple regardless of what decade it is. Who doesn't like to exude privilege and wealth at every possible moment ;-) With the rise and dominance of teen retailers like Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister, their brand of prep Americana was in every mall (and at every cool kids' table) during the first half of the '00s.
10. MySpace ~ I know, not really a fashion trend, but it was one of the biggest things of the early 00's so it gets a mention! I'm sure all these looks made an appearance in one of your many photo albums ;-) I personally think MySpace was the best social platform EVER (besides maybe Twitter) and I miss it all the time! How boring ole'Facebook, a site with no customization came out on top still boggles my mind. Probably one of the main reasons why I'm a fb hater. MySpace will forever be cooler than fb to me. Just wish we all still used the platform!
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
6/4/2016 11:24:49 am
Haha - this was a fun read ... I just love looking back at trends of the decades. :) Definitely guilty of the trucker hats and the Livestrong bracelets .. and I still forever love my denim.
6/4/2016 01:23:25 pm
Okay...this is fantastic. :) So many fun memories! Thankfully I never got into the all denim fad, but I totally had a bejeweled cell phone and loved my multi-color Louis Vuitton. lol Fun post! Discovered you via the Grow Your Blog group and look forward to more posts!
6/4/2016 01:47:42 pm
I can honestly say I participated in none of those trends perhaps as I was a bit older at the time. I've been seeing several people still rocking those Livestrong bracelets recently. So confusing.
6/4/2016 04:46:26 pm
i was very young in the early 00's but I have seen my mom and aunt follow the same patterns mentioned here. But even today, these have not gone out of fashio; or should I say they are coming back in fashion :P
6/4/2016 05:50:43 pm
Oh my this post was truly a time machine! I share with you my concern for the 00's stylists especially since they came up with the denim everything and truck hat stuff, which are really unwatchable. Still it was a great time ;)
6/4/2016 07:47:55 pm
Wow. A look back at the 00s - holy crap I feel old. But I'm so glad that Ed Hardy stuff is gone gone gone. I hated that trend. This was a fun post!
6/4/2016 08:08:03 pm
LOL Yep, those were some rockin trends! I am seriously cracking up at #6. Why oh why did we feel that we had to wear so much denim?! Track suits are super comfy though and Mean Girls is my favorite! "You can't sit with us!!!"
6/5/2016 12:32:01 am
What a great flashback. I still own a few of those tracksuits and I love them lol. MySpace was major for me when I was in high-school.
6/5/2016 01:25:45 am
Hahaha! Your post brought back good memories of all those trends and how we happily embraced them. I'm glad I jumped right in too... That's what life is about, right? :)
6/5/2016 07:29:33 am
It was great walking back in time through your post I know denims then meant to be so cool and with those bracelets everywhere. May it was 00s which created a fascination for denims which has just grown with time.
6/5/2016 09:28:40 am
So many of those trends I've never had a chance to see, since I grew up in Brazil! Thanks for bringing them up, so I could check it all out!
Oh damn ! I can feel the nostalgia Haha. This is so weird to look at those pictures with the flow of memories coming back. The jeans outfit, the "Livestrong" bracelet where you had many different types of those. And all those brands such as Von Dutch or Ed Hardy that I honstely don't see around anymore. And MySpace that was kinda the father or big brother of Facebook.
6/5/2016 01:49:23 pm
Crystal crusted sidekicks were my favorite!! I could bejewel anything and everything and it never left my side!
6/5/2016 02:03:54 pm
Oh my god but more to the point do you remember tamagotchi's and of course Juicy's were on point.
6/5/2016 02:56:05 pm
Popped collar and MySpace are two of things I remember well from '00. I enjoy reading this, brings back the old time memories from '00.
6/5/2016 04:28:31 pm
I loved 00's! That's when I was in my puberty and discovering new things. This post is such a nice trip to sweet old memories!
6/5/2016 05:04:45 pm
Definitely a trip down memory lane. I think I had a shirt like the striped one about, only it was black and white. No popped collars for me though.
6/5/2016 06:53:45 pm
Is MySpace even around anymore. I hate to say it, but I had a track suit. (so ashamed)
6/5/2016 09:02:36 pm
Wow, what a trip down memory lane! I remember most of these things, and of course that picture of Britney and Justin in their denim outfits!
6/5/2016 09:18:25 pm
I remember how cool Sidekicks were and how badly I wanted my parents to get me one. The 90's were a great time for young people.
6/5/2016 09:47:43 pm
Wow, talk about a flash back! I remember all of these trends!
6/5/2016 10:44:29 pm
This is surely a trip down memory lane. I never understood the whole trucker hat thing but maybe that is because I think I look dumb in a hat. Oh how times have changed.
6/6/2016 12:42:24 am
Ha! These are cracking me up! So many bring up "What we're we thinking?" I think I still have my Tiffany necklace around here somewhere.
6/6/2016 05:25:40 am
This made me giggle because I owned a lot of this stuff lol.
6/6/2016 06:02:30 am
LOL! This brought back a lot of memories!! I can relate to everything!
6/6/2016 12:03:36 pm
Great picks! I definitely was a fan of the crystal-encrusted "everything". :) It only seems like those times were a couple of years ago. Time moves so fast.
6/6/2016 02:55:21 pm
So many great memories! LOL! Denim everything and Myspace rocked my world, when I was a teenager.
6/6/2016 03:51:33 pm
The denim everything! :D I used to have denim pants, skirts, jumper and jacket. It was really cool to have those. Can't believe many years had passed. Seems like yesterday. :)
6/6/2016 05:43:42 pm
that was indeed a trip down the memory lane. I think i still might have one of those heart necklaces hidden somewhere in my room.
6/7/2016 01:08:19 am
My daughter used to go nuts over Juicy jackets! I really like the handbag that you have featured here.. rest are all stylish as well.
6/8/2016 03:59:28 am
Ha ha ha totally had the jeans gown and the colorful LV. I find them so ridiculous now but hey, then they where fashion.
6/9/2016 12:05:45 am
Wow! Never knew those were the eaely trends. And denim everything is starting to trend again!
6/9/2016 12:37:14 am
OMG I remember them all. I still own an Ed Hardy trucker hat lol and those sidekicks were the bomb back then. They taught me how to speed text! :)
6/9/2016 03:23:46 am
Ha! I was still a little girl when those were the trends. Nice to know about them!
Leave a Reply.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!