The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
This past Friday we were invited to check out the latest touring event to hit Buffalo. Beyond Van Gogh the Immersive Experience. I was stoked to get the invite since I’ve always been so intrigued by the art of Van Gogh! Had the privilege to see his work in real life many years ago at a touring exhibit in Tokyo! Right place at the right time sort of thing! Couldn’t wait to see how the engineers & artists managed to bring his works of art to life!!!
ABOUT BEYOND VAN GOGH
Beyond Van Gogh uses cutting-edge projection technology to create an engaging journey into the world of Van Gogh. Using his dreams, his thoughts, and his words to drive the experience as a narrative, the creative team move along projection swathed walls wrapped in light, colour, and shapes that swirl, dance and refocus into flowers, cafes and landscapes. Masterpieces, now freed from frames, come alive, appear and disappear, flow across multi-surfaces, the minutia of details titillating our heightened senses. Through his own words set to a symphonic score, we may come to a new appreciation of this tortured artist’s stunning work.
Since I struggled to find the right info I was looking for when it came to the Buffalo event, I thought I would pass on a few helpful tips for those of you curious about the event!
• We attended opening night….. it was crazy busy! So I would advise to purchase tickets in advance just in case this is actually the norm most evenings!
• Definitely worth the drive if you’re in Chautauqua Co! So so cool!!!!! So happy we are getting, cool, trendy things a short drive away!!!!
• They recommend taking an hour to explore the whole exhibit. I would suggest adding a little bit more time. Unless it was an opening night, media thing, it was BUSY lol…..
• yes, children were there, BUT unless your kids like art, I would keep this a date night or friends thing. If Haylie was here, she would have liked the first 5 minutes and that’s probably it lol…. Just being honest.
• Masks are mandatory…. They suck for photos, I know!!! But that’s life right now…. So bring one to enter.
• Speaking of photos, if you’re planning on taking that killer new profile picture, wear white so you pop against all of the colorful art!
• Duff’s & Sto Lat are next door…. Both have great themed drinks! We checked out both and I approve of both 👍🏼 Duffs $24 a bottle of wine.. Sto Lat, amazing atmosphere! But $50 for the same bottle.
Starry Night Pavilion at Eastern Hills Mall
4545 Transit Road
Now Until October 3rd
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!