The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 are definitely a few of the most iconic Dr.Seuss characters of all times!!! I mean seriously, can that kooky blue hair get any more awesome? I thing not! Hehe get it?!?!? THING!!!!! That’s why today we are sharing how to make this super duper fun Thing 1 and 2 Dr. Seuss Craft Paper Craft!!
List of Supplies
• Colored cardstock paper
• Marker pen
• Craft glue
1. Print and cut out the pattern from the given template. Trace the template patterns on the selected cardstock papers. Trace the 2 circles on white cardstock papers and the rest of the patterns on red colored cardstock paper.
2. Prepare 2 cm x 10 cm strips from blue cardstock papers (you can also use craft paper for this step).
3. Make quilled teardrop shapes with the blue paper strips. Make as many as you want for the hair of the thing 1 and thing 2.
4. Grab the cut out pattern, prepared in step 1. Place the rectangular cut out on a flat surface vertically. Stick the feet cut outs on the bottom side of the vertical rectangle. Keep enough space on the top side of the vertical rectangle for the head (big circle) and stick the hand cut outs on 2 sides of the vertical rectangle. Use a black sharpie or marker pen to draw the faces of the ting 1 and thing 2. Also write down ‘Thing 1’ and ‘Thing 2’ on the small circle cut outs.
5. Attach the head on the top end of the vertical rectangle and attach the small round cut out on the middle of the rectangle.
6. Apply craft glue along the top open side of the head.
7. Place the quilled teardrop shapes on the glued part, with their pointy side facing outside.
8. Add another layer of quilled teardrop shapes to the previous layer. Glue the second layer outside. Once you are done gluing the quilled shapes. Keep it on the flat surface until the glue is dried completely.
9. Wasn’t that fun and easy! Grab more papers and make the other ‘Thing’ craft.
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
2/1/2019 02:48:01 pm
I love the hair details! What a fantastic way to change a paper craft and make it unique!
2/2/2019 12:01:20 am
I love papercraft projects and this is really cute. I love the hair. Will make one of these too.
2/2/2019 06:38:20 am
These are so cute... I would love to spend sometime with my kid and work on these. My son would love making this.
2/2/2019 10:32:31 am
this is so creative and cute! Who doesnt love a good old fashioned crafty evening?
2/2/2019 04:56:31 pm
Such a great project to do with the kids though I’m somewhat “craft” challenged not sure it will come out this perfect.
2/3/2019 12:23:56 pm
Paper crafting is such a fab way to spend a day. Kids love stuff like this - simple but lots of fun xx
2/3/2019 05:51:46 pm
I love this craft! I think my little is a little too young but great for the future!
2/3/2019 09:10:07 pm
Thank you for this idea! I’m gonna go and do this with my daughter.
2/3/2019 10:57:57 pm
My son and I love Dr Seuss! This is such a fun project. I can’t wait to try it!
2/4/2019 07:50:59 am
This is such a fun DIY! I need to do this with my niece... she would love this!
2/5/2019 08:37:21 pm
What an adorable idea!!! And I had no idea how to do paper quilling, but it actually doesn't look too hard - thanks! :)
Leave a Reply.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!