The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Ahhh finally another recipe to share! So my last recipe I planned to share with y’all, omg. It was something I have literally made 1,000 times in my life and when I went to make it for you? Total fail moment photography-wise. I had to think of a recipe to re-claim my wannabe chef status so I came up with Fig and Cardamom Scones! No possible way I could mess this up!
I will be honest, figs are usually not my thing! Actually, this is the only way you will ever see me eat one. In a scone! I don’t know what it is, but these scones make you forget that a fig is this really weird food and somehow turns it into total deliciousness! Enjoy!!
• 3 cups flour, spooned and leveled
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• ¼ teaspoon fresh ground cardamom
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 10 tablespoons butter, cube then freeze for 15 minutes
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3 tablespoons figs, chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Use a prepared cast iron skillet or other desired pan. If using a pan other than cast iron, grease and flour the pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cardamom, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Cut butter into the flour mixture, leaving chunks of butter.
5. In a separate bowl, beat together the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.
6. Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
7. Gently fold in figs.
8. Once mixed, take out of bowl.
9. Pour into pan or skillet, spread evenly, then bake for 22-25 minutes.
10. Allow to cool, cut into eighths.
11.Serve & enjoy!
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
7/18/2019 05:33:43 pm
Omg girl these look delicious!! You have some awesome unique recipes!
Mama Maggie's Kitchen
7/19/2019 07:57:28 am
Yum! This looks delightfully tasty! Can't wait to go to my kitchen and make this.
7/19/2019 09:02:09 am
This is a lovely dessert for me, love figs and glad it is included in the ingredient. Thanks for the step by step guide with picture. Very useful.
7/19/2019 04:11:14 pm
This would be perfect for a tea party! I would love to make this the next time I get my friends together.
7/19/2019 05:12:53 pm
now this is a treat i would get into! sweet and savory all in one!
7/20/2019 08:21:55 pm
Thank you for sharing this recipe- I adore this but have never tried to make it myself. I will now, seems more simple than I thought and how stunning is yours!
7/20/2019 09:25:19 pm
What a GREAT dessert! We love figs so we are very happy it's part of the recipe.
7/21/2019 05:55:46 pm
Wow! I have never had scones like these before. All I need to add is some tea. Perfect!
Leave a Reply.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!