The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Ahhhhh I have such a love-hate relationship with my instant pot! If I’m being completely honest, the thing just scares me lol... I have it stuck in my head that my Instant Pot will explode all over my kitchen like a bomb. However, I seem to have a talent for making deliciousness with the thing on days that I feel daring to give the Pot a try!
One of my favorite dishes just happens to be this yumminess. Beef Broccoli. Always yummy!!!! A family favorite!!! Enjoy!
• 1lb flank steak
• 4 heads of broccoli; separate from stem
• 1/2 tablespoon corn starch; for thickening
• 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
• 4 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 tablespoons garlic
• 1 tablespoon ginger
• 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
• sesame seeds for topping; optional
1. Set instant pot to sauté mode. Add in beef and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Saute until meat is browned and seared on the outside. Turn off saute mode. Add in water.
2. Place lid on instant pot and lock. Turn pressure valve to close. Set to high pressure for 15 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting quick release pressure.
3. Drain liquid from instant pot. In a small mixing bowl or measure glass add in garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, and soy sauce. Mix well. Set to saute mode and pour mixture in over meat. Stir well.
4. Add broccoli to instant pot place lid on top with out locking and steam for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir making sure the beef is tossed well and does stick to the bottom of the pot. Put lid back on and steam another 2 minutes until broccoli is tender but crisp not soggy. If you lock your lid make sure the pressure valve is not closed or you won't be able to remove the lid. I just set it on top.
5. Turn off instant pot and serve over rice.
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
3/5/2019 09:35:01 pm
This looks like the perfect meal to cook during a busy weeknight! It looks very simple and healthy! I can't wait to try it tonight. Thank you so much for this post!
3/6/2019 08:20:45 am
Beef & Broccoli is one of my absolute FAVORITE meals! This sauce sounds really simple and really tasty - it's definitely one I'll be trying. The saute setting on the instant pot is probably one of the most ingenious inventions (especially for those of us who don't want to wash an extra pot or pan). :)
3/6/2019 12:59:26 pm
That beef and broccoli sure looks delish! I do not have an insta-pot yet. I have not join into this fab craze yet. But I sure am tempted because it does make things a lot simpler to do!
3/6/2019 02:14:42 pm
Okay, so the biggest reason I don't yet have an instant pot is because I am terrified it's gonna blow up or something. I don't think it's a thing that's ever been recorded happening (yet) but it terrifies me. I do however love beef broccoli... so maybe one day I'll cave.
3/6/2019 10:12:30 pm
I love broccoli and this dish is simple and looks delicious, I'm going to give it a try and hopefully it turns as pretty as yours.
3/7/2019 08:14:37 am
Thanks for the recipe! Since beef and broccoli isn't common here in Japan because its an Chinese American dish, I make the recipe almost the same as the one above.
3/7/2019 06:40:11 pm
Oh I need to try this! We love beef and broccoli! Never thought to try it in the instant pot
3/7/2019 09:34:25 pm
I totally love dishes with ginger, garlic and broccoli. I definitely plan to make this tasty dish.
3/7/2019 11:02:43 pm
I really, really need an instant pot. This recipe looks delicious! I can’t believe how quickly this dish can be prepared!
3/8/2019 08:30:29 am
I love the broccoli and my partner would love the beef haha. A nice idea especially for a lovely dinner in at the weekend xx
3/8/2019 09:00:46 am
My kids love brocolli, my husband loves beef and I love my instant pot - this meal is a WIN WIN. I will have to give this recipe a try this weekend!
3/8/2019 06:53:59 pm
Oh my goodness, this looks so yummy! I need to make this for my family :)
3/8/2019 10:30:51 pm
I love healthy and yummylicious meals. So much of nutrients in both beef and brocolli.
Leave a Reply.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!