The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Hello everyone!!!! Did y’all miss me?!?! I just got home from a fabulous trip in Orlando!!! A much needed week away from every day life and it was indeed wonderful. Exactly what this mama needed. My head is now cleared and I’m motivated to create create CREATE for y’all!!!!
I can’t help but think about Dr.Seuss every time I’m in Orlando since I do have a 6 year old who is obsessed with Seuss Landing at Universal Studios. We just had to make these one fish two fish rice krispie treats as soon as we got home. So cute! So fun! The perfect activity for your kiddo to create while enjoying one of their favorite books. Enjoy!!
• 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
• 15oz marshmallows
• 3 Tablespoons softened butter
• Red and blue food coloring
• Large candy eyes
• 1/2 cup frosting
• Fish cookie cutter
• 9x13” pan
• Non stick cooking spray
1. Grease a small 9x13” pan with butter or a non stick cooking spray.
2. In two large microwave safe bowls, separate your marshmallows in half with 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter and heat for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows get puffy
3. Mix in a couple drops of red food coloring in one and a few blue in the other to achieve to different colors.
4. Now mix in three cups of Rice Krispies cereal in each bowl.
5. Scoop each color into your pan, half and half, press down firmly.
6. Freeze for 15 minutes before using a fish cookie cutter to cut out your shapes.
7. Use a dab of frosting to stick the candy eyes on your fish.
8. Serve & Enjoy!
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
2/27/2019 03:25:47 pm
Oh my these are just the cutest little fish snacks! I love how they turned out!!
2/27/2019 03:34:32 pm
I love that you've combined one of my favorite kids' books with one of my favorite treats! They are so fun and just adorable.
2/27/2019 11:20:30 pm
I must try those with my daughter. She just loves rice Krispies and when I show her these, I am sure, she will want to do them right away.
2/28/2019 05:07:41 am
I love these - they are just so cute! We might have to make some of these at the weekend...
2/28/2019 06:06:42 am
This are awesome. My nephew loves anything to do with the sea and this would be a great treat to send him!
2/28/2019 09:31:55 am
I love love this. My kids will so love to make these with them as they are reading Dr Seuss books this week.
2/28/2019 01:24:53 pm
These are so dang cute! I love anything dr suess!
2/28/2019 10:44:01 pm
Two things my toddler loves are Dr. Suess and helping me bake. I can’t wait to make these with him!
3/1/2019 05:32:38 am
What a cute idea! You made reading creative, fun, and very hands-on!
3/1/2019 02:04:00 pm
What a wonderful treat that kids of all ages could enjoy. I love your choice of colors too.
3/1/2019 07:43:50 pm
These treats are so very cute. We love Dr Seuss around here and so these would be perfect for celebrating this book!
Leave a Reply.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!