The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
As most of you know, my family and I had the chance to visit Sesame Place over Labor Day weekend! It was one heck of a trip that’s for sure. I had a blast showing my daughter my old childhood stomping ground!
It’s crazy how much Sesame Place has grown over the years. The last time I was strolling the parks, Sesame Place was a water park. Now it’s home to not only water slide, but amusement rides, even roller coasters like Oscars Wack Taxi!
One of the questions I always get when I return from any adventure is “what to pack”? Most of the time I just say the usual day out with the kids gear, but this time I actually have REAL advice! So here it is folks, What To Bring To Sesame Place.
1. Swimsuits ~ I know, you usually see the cute Sesame Street themed rides in photos of Sesame Place. However, Sesame Place started out as a water park many years ago. Depending on the weather and season, bring those bathing suits! There are slides for the big kids and plenty of splash areas for the little ones.
2. Water Shoes/ Flip Flops ~ If you only take one of my tips, let this be it! Sesame Place has their water rides and splash areas scattered throughout the park. I didn’t remember this little detail and wore sneakers thinking I would just store them in a locker when checking out the slides. Joke was on me! While the six year old was able to walk back and forth in comfort due to her lucky choice in footwear, I was wandering around barefoot since my sneakers were in my locker. Next time I will be running to Old Navy, heck, maybe even the Dollar Tree and picking up a pair of flip flops to walk back and forth between the water ride sections.
3. Back Pack ~ Leave that Louie Vuitton bag at home! I’m all about sporting a backpack at any type of theme park! I can stuff it full of everyone’s crap and cram it into a locker if I need to without thinking my beautiful bag will get crushed or even worse, stolen if I were to set it down for a second.
4. Sunscreen ~ This is obvious, yet I alway forget my sunscreen at home and end up having to shell out ridiculous amounts of cash for sunscreen for my daughter. Let this be your reminder to toss that sunscreen into that bag NOW! Paying $10 for sunscreen is just ridiculous when you can get a travel sized bottle for $1 at any store.
5. Fully Charged Phone ~ Sesame Place is literally an Instagramers dream!!! So many photo opportunities. Wheather it’s a neat mural on a wall, an actual Sesame Street character or even mock sets of Sesame Street, you will want to take those photos.
6. Stroller ~ If your child can fit in that stroller, BRING IT!!! Seriously, I don’t care if your child is “too old”, you will be thankful about an hour into your day that you brought a stroller with you making wandering the park a breeze with little ones. Your child won’t be the only one technically too big for that stroller since half of the other strollers you will spot will have kiddos your child age being carted around as well. Makes park life way more easy, especially if are waiting in long lines since you didn’t splurge on Abby’s Magic Queue.
Have you ever been to Sesame Place? What are your must have items when going to amusement park?
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
10/24/2018 09:07:05 pm
This looks like such a fun day out! I bet the kids had a blast :) I certainly know several kids who would just love to visit here. Thanks for your great tips, also :)
10/24/2018 09:16:38 pm
I didn't realize they had a Sesame Street park. How cool is this? It looks like a lot of fun.
10/25/2018 03:43:55 am
10/25/2018 08:11:22 am
I never really thought about going to Sesame Place before, it looks beautiful though. May need to add it to my want to do list.
10/25/2018 11:08:00 am
I didnt know there was a sesame street park! this is so cool for families!
10/25/2018 11:35:15 am
This place is MAGICAL! How fun!
10/25/2018 11:36:25 am
What a handy guide to Sesame Place. I must admit I didn't even know this place existed, living in the UK. It looks like so much fun!
10/25/2018 09:57:17 pm
The kids would really enjoy a trip there, Sesame Place looks like a ton of fun!
Eileen M Loya
10/25/2018 10:15:55 pm
I will have to take my grandson to that place. He recently "discovered" Sesame Street and is now turning out to be one of his favorite shows. Thanks for the tips. We will have to keep that in mind if and when we are able to visit Sesame Street Place.
10/26/2018 05:44:30 am
The all time favorite childred show still going til the next generation.
Leave a Reply.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!