The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Indoor waterpark getaways are all the rage here in WNY! An easy peasy solution to a beach craving when the weather straight up sucks! Now that my daughter is getting older we have been guilty of being "those" Western New Yorkers taking advantage of all the waterpark fabulousness just a car ride away any direction!
Packing for such a trip can definitely be confusing for a first timer! I know I did a lot of unnecessary packing when I went on my rookie trip. I was so worried I wasn't going to fit in so I just brought my whole wardrobe with me. To save all of you fabulous Mamas some packing trouble, I narrowed a must have list down for you. No reason to bring your whole closet if you don't have to!
1. Nail Polish ~ I know, it sounds silly, but you will thank me later! I don't know what it is about chlorinated water, but I swear it literally eats nail polish. No matter how fabulous of a brand you buy it just chips! Then the bottom surface of the pools, omg do not even get me started on how the surface chips away your fab pedicure. Nothing worse than chipped nail polish, so bring the matching shades with you.
2. A Deep Conditioner ~ Chlorine dries out your beautiful locks so make sure to bring a deep conditioner with you to keep your hair from turning into a massive frizz ball. Nothing fabulous about frizz!
3. Towels ~ Unfortunately in this day in age, most waterparks do not provide towels. Even the waterparks in hotels. So bring your own unless you want to shake the water off your body like a puppy dog.
4. Pack the Right Swimsuit ~ Don't get me wrong, I am a total bikini lover. If you come by during the summer to chill poolside with me when the kiddo isn't around, I will probably be wearing one. I'm even wearing one in a lot of my resort reviews for photo purposes only lol.... However, I will admit that is 100% for photo reasons and you best believe I had a one piece in my bag to change into! If you are busy chasing little ones around a water park, a one piece is probably the way to go since they keep everything covered when you have to make an unexpected dash after a kiddo going where they should not! Thankfully the interwebs is filled with cute one pieces so you won't feel like a total dork wearing one ;-)
5. Wear Flats ~ another silly one, but when I was living in Florida I can't tell you how many girls I saw rockin heels at the water park. No, just no! I'm not saying don't look fab at the park, just keep in mind a water park is not a south beach pool party. Chances are not one person will notice your feet since they have kids of there own tend to. Save the heels for date night.
6. Bring a Plastic Shopping Bag ~ this will save the inside of your fabulous pool/beach bag! Just put all your wet stuff in the plastic bag and your bag will be kept looking and smelling fresh!
7. Lotion ~ Your skin will be left feeling pretty dry after a day in the park. Unfortunately the itty bitty hotel lotions will not be enough to cure your dry skin, so bring a bottle with you. Your skin will thank you for it!
8. Pack Casual Attire for Around the Resort ~ The first time I went to an indoor water park resort I literally packed a variety of everything because I had no clue what to expect. I wanted to make sure I was dressed like everyone else, so I just brought my whole wardrobe with me. The answer is casual! Save yourself all the unnecessary packing and bring your comfy outfits :)
9. Wine ~ Just in case all the stop screaming you will hear all day long at the park finally gets to you ;-) Wine fixes everything & will help you gain your strength back to battle day two the next morning!
10. Clean Out Your Photos BEFORE Your Trip! ~ you will want to take a million photos to share your fabulous trip with all of your interwebs friends, so make sure you have space on your phone for those photos. Don't be like me and have to delete apps to make room for photos because you forgot to transfer them to a flash drive ;-)
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
4/19/2016 05:07:50 pm
This post is so cute! Love the pics and tips!
4/19/2016 05:17:26 pm
I think my favorite tip is the bring wine. After spending time at a water park, you will more than need it to block out all that screaming.
4/19/2016 07:26:59 pm
These are all fantastic tips to remember, not just for indoor water parks but for any beach type vacation! Some of these things you would never think to do like clean out your camera; I ALWAYS forget to do that before an event I want to take pictures at. This makes me want to go to the beach!!
4/19/2016 08:47:40 pm
oh man. i wish i had had this post a month ago. we went to an indoor water park for the first time and i TOTALLY could have used these. pinning for next time! :)
Robin (Masshole Mommy)
4/19/2016 09:17:35 pm
I always forget the danged lotion. Every time I go to the water park, I forget it. Then my skin gets so dry. Thanks for reminding me, or at least trying to anyway!
4/19/2016 10:01:45 pm
This is great! Bring wine! #obvi
4/19/2016 10:21:17 pm
Great tips...and I love that you included wine in the list too ;) I'm glad y'all had fun on your weekend get away! <3
4/19/2016 11:24:26 pm
I would have never guessed they didn't have towels at the pool! That is crazy to me! And I always feel so gross when I get out of pools and the soaps that the hotels provide never leave me feeling clean (or maybe it is the hotel water) but regardless, I always take my own hair and body soaps.
4/19/2016 11:43:14 pm
Kids or not, a one piece is the way to go. Nothing worse than enjoying a ride and realizing that your top is up around your neck or your bottom is down at your ankles.
4/20/2016 12:23:22 am
Great items to pack. I would add snacks as hotels charge a lot for food.
4/20/2016 01:08:53 am
I don't know why I never thought to bring conditioner. That's a perfect idea. After swimming, my hair always feels so brittle, and it's left in tangles!
4/20/2016 01:58:43 am
Awesome tips, toiletries are essential for me, I never go on any trip without them. I also make sure I bring my own towels and the clothes are always casual, light, and comfy!
4/20/2016 03:48:02 am
This is great tips and the ideas of bringing wine.
4/20/2016 05:42:27 am
This is a great list. I always forget to bring a moisturizer and lotion.
4/20/2016 06:08:01 am
What a great list! I am with you on the deep conditioner and lotion. My skin and hair suffer most from the chlorine. Thanks for a great list!
4/20/2016 07:48:55 am
Wow, people actually wear heels to a water park? The post had really great tips! Thank you! I know how to pack smarter whenever we go to the waterpark!
4/20/2016 09:11:24 am
Thanks for the information and tips. That would be helpful. Glad you shared it.
4/20/2016 10:29:11 am
Thanks for this tips and advice. For sure lots of moms will find this really helpful.
4/20/2016 11:29:46 am
I desperately need to find a good bathing suit
4/20/2016 11:34:56 am
Finding the right bathing suit is always a struggle for me. I like a lot of active water sports like surfing and body boarding and there can be malfunctions when you're getting flipped around in the waves. I always wear a one piece for this stuff. Same for water parks. :)
4/20/2016 12:54:15 pm
These are great tips. I'm not one to be in a bathing suit in public lol but I totally agree with the idea of not chasing kids in a bikini lol.
4/20/2016 01:11:14 pm
It's so hard to remember all the stuff that makes life easier when you go. The extra towels, the bags for wet stuff and the ever important conditioner. My hair gets so out of control with chlorine.
4/20/2016 03:29:30 pm
Wine sure does fix everything! lol! Great list!
4/20/2016 03:34:09 pm
I love these tips but especially the one about wine.
4/20/2016 03:48:31 pm
All great tips! I've had one too many swimsuit malfunctions to know that you need a good sporty two piece or one piece for a water park! haha
4/20/2016 04:06:22 pm
These are great tips!!! I know we plant to do some waterparks this summer so this will be handy for our packing!
4/20/2016 04:22:52 pm
Loved this list. Practical advice, esp. the wine AND the nail polish. Just had that experience myself recently!
4/20/2016 05:48:23 pm
Smart move to bring the conditioner. Chlorine is really hard on your hair.
4/20/2016 06:50:19 pm
Number six is a essential one for me! Since the disaster of 2012 ugh! My nephew forgot his wet towel in the car and two days later it was a disaster
4/20/2016 08:12:51 pm
Great tips. I especially love #9, LOL. You always need the wine.
4/20/2016 09:45:00 pm
That last one is so important. I have sooooo many pictures! It's nice to organize them all before a big trip. And yes to the conditioner. I hate pool water.
4/20/2016 09:51:03 pm
These are fabulous tips for any type of family water involved outing! Living in FL, we're always heading to the water!
4/20/2016 11:11:13 pm
I have never been to an indoor waterpark. I had no idea they didn't provide towels!
4/20/2016 11:50:22 pm
We used to take our kids to water parks all the time!! So much time spent in pools! Although I will admit - I rarely ever went in the water. I always stood safely n the sides - watching!
4/21/2016 09:59:40 am
These are all great tips and I bet you had a fabulous time. I ALWAYS forget to empty my photos off my phone and camera before we go anywhere. I need to print out a reminder and keep it on my bulletin board.
4/21/2016 10:58:10 am
Great tips! I am hoping to take Syrus to a waterpark this summer! I'll keep these tips in mind! :)
4/21/2016 02:06:00 pm
I have never been to a indoor waterpark! I have always wanted to, it sounds so much fun!
4/21/2016 03:20:58 pm
A good conditioner is a must for us after a day in the water, beach or pool. Our hair is so thick and long that ugh...the water makes it dry out so quickly.
4/21/2016 04:02:08 pm
Some of these I never would have considered if you hadn't mentioned them to me here. Who would have thought of walking with nail polish? I know I sure didn't.
I have never been to a water park--either indoors or outdoors. One thing I can tell you---no matter where you are swimming--wear a one piece. Bikinis and 2 pieces tend to not stay on if you are a swimmer--and beware the rip tides--one of them actually tore the one piece from the top of my body!!
4/21/2016 10:14:04 pm
Deep conditioner is a must for me too whenever we visit water parks. My hair is down to my waist and it gets really dry with all the chlorine in the water.
4/22/2016 12:46:24 pm
These are some awesome ideas - I used to love waterparks when I was younger! x
4/22/2016 07:21:31 pm
Wow - you've got it all covered here! I was thinking "what about sunscreen??" and then realized, DERP, indoors :D
You had me at wine!
4/25/2016 12:05:32 am
With all the restrictions on travel these days, it is a nightmare to pack; even if you are a seasoned traveller
12/27/2021 10:25:06 am
Seriously??? I was hoping for some useful tips for trip with kids, nail polish so you can fix your nails? how about some plasters and snacks for kids? ridiculous sorry
Leave a Reply.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!